About Electrical Department
Since its inception in 2004, the BITS Edu Campus has been a premiere engineering institute in Gujarat. The Electrical Engineering department is an integral part of the institute right from the day of commencement. The department offers under-graduate courses with a yearly intake of 120 students. The tremendous growth of the department is due to its emphasis on the update of infrastructure facilities and academic programmes. This has resulted in the department boasting highly proficient electrical engineers among its alumni who are contributing towards building a brighter future for our society and nation.
Why Electrical @Babaria Institute of Technology ?
- First self-finance Engineering College in Vadodara Region which is “Internationally accredited with A+++ rating by IAO,USA”
- Received “The Best Engineering College of Gujarat Award” – 2012, “National Education Excellence Award” – 2015 and “Campus Preparedness Award” – 2015
- The main strength of the Electrical Engineering department is its state of art laboratories and well qualified faculty members.
- Laboratories are well equipped to conduct experimental studies in the field of basic electrical engineering, circuits and networks, analog and digital electronics, electric machines, power electronics, power systems, and high voltage engineering. Moreover, software packages, such as PSCAD, MATLAB-SIMULINK, ETAP and PSIM are available in the laboratories for simulation studies.
- Moreover, to further strengthen the faculty and students, the department periodically arranges for study tours, guest lectures, industry interaction and workshops. This has resulted in vibrant and intellectual environment which is ideal for the development of the budding engineers of tomorrow.
- The department has highly qualified faculty members engaged in teaching and research with the aim of achieving excellence in the field of electrical engineering. The faculty boasts in its ranks excellent academicians and researchers from IITs, NITs, other premier universities and industries.
- Highly qualified, dynamic and experienced Faculties
Phd Qualified : 04
Phd Pursuing : 02
ME/MTech Qualified : 17
To develop good electrical engineers with best technical and interactive skills so that they can serve society and nation in a best way.
To be Electrical Engineering department of excellence imparting quality technical education imbibed with proficiency and human values, providing opportunities and facilities for the students to develop into creative, dynamic and globally competent technology professionals.
Infrastructure Electrical Department
In order to cope with the global requirements the institute provides the latest facilities to the students such as MM Class Rooms (Higher Semester), Networking of Class Rooms with electronic database. The building has well equipped laboratories to conduct experimental works. All the lecture halls are well ventilated and to be provided with latest teaching aids like multimedia-overhead projectors along with the black boards.
- High Voltage Lab with High Voltage AC/DC test set (with control panel), oil test kit, HV tester for solids, Electrolytic tank with electrodes, Rod-gap apparatus, Horn gap apparatus, Corona Cage and different types of sphere gaps.
- Power Electronics Lab with single phase and three phase fully controlled Thyristerized bridge converter, single phase and three phase AC Regulator, Power Scopes, Function Generators, DIAC/TRIAC Kit and DSO(Digital storage Oscilloscope).
- Instrumentation and Measurement lab with various types of bridges, voltage ratio box, megger, phase shifting transformer and CRO.
- Basic Electrical Lab with single phase and three phase transformer, single phase ac varics, series and parallel kit and various network theorem kits.
- Power system Lab with various types of relays, insulators and model of substation.
- Electrical Machine Lab with DC Shunt Motor # DC Series Generator Set, Slipring Induction motor # DC Compound Gen Set, Sq Cage Induction Motor # Dc Motor, Brake Test Unit of Induction motor, D.C. motor # 3 Phase Alternator, 3 Phase Variac and panels with various types of D.C. generators with D.C. Shunt motor
- Software Lab with MATLAB, PSIM and MIPOWER.
Please visit http://gtu.ac.in/syllabus/be_schemesyllabus.htm
GUJCOST Sponsored Two days seminar on Recent Trends in Power Electronics & Embedded Systems
A GUJCOST sponsored seminar on Recent Trends in Power Electronics & Embedded Systems was jointly organised by Electrical Engineering and Electronics & Communication Engineering Departments of Babaria Institute of Technology on 4th Jan & 5th Jan 2019 at the Auditorium 1 of BITS Edu Campus. The program was organised for the students, staff of Babaria Institute of Technology & other colleges in Electrical, Electronics & Communication Engineering. There were around 150 participants. On 4th Jan 2019, 10:30 am the program commenced with an formal inaugural function presided by Mr.R.S.Shah, Secretary ,Society of Power Engineers, Mr.P.A.Shah, retired Chief Engineer, GEB & also Senior Member of Society of Power Engineers, Dr.Pallavi Agarwal, Principal, Babaria Institute of Technology, Dr. Twinkle Doshi, Head(EC Dept.) & Dr. Pritesh Mankad, Head(EE Dept.).
Certificates were distributed to participants of the seminar in the Valedictory function at 3:30pm.Vote of thanks was delivered by Dr. Pritesh Mankad, Professor and Head, Electrical Engineering Department.