About Electronics & Communication Department
Department offers Under graduate program, in Electronic and Communication Engineering and Post graduate course in Communication System Engineering as specialization. We are having intake of 180 for the students of this branch in under graduate level and intake of 24 in post graduate level.
The research interests of the faculty members encompass a wide range of sub-disciplines of EC Engineering like Embedded Systems, Antenna and wave propagation, wireless communication, Microwave Egg. and Satellite Communication. To enhance the knowledge of faculty members, the institute encourages them to participate in various enrichment programs. Strong association with faculty members from various disciplines within and outside the institute is also emphasized. Over the span of 10 years, department has acquired expertise in different areas related to Wireless Communication, Antenna and wave propagation, VLSI and Embedded design, IOT, Electromagnetic etc.
The department is highly equipped with various laboratories which having all the necessary equipments and software require to enhance practical knowledge of students.
The effective dissemination of knowledge is done in the form of workshops (with hands-on experience), expert lectures, industrial visits, seminars and summer-winter training programs. Experts are invited from different prominent institutes and organizations like SAC-ISRO, DAIICT, IITs, NITs, BSNL etc.. Department conducts training programs and workshops based on the recent advancement in technology which is largely supported by funding agencies like GUJCOST and DST. Placement opportunity is provided in various prestigious organizations like Infosys, Matrix telecom etc. Electronics & Communication Engineering Program aims at upliftment of students through technical education. These technocrats should be able to apply basic and contemporary science, engineering, experimentation skills, by identifying software / hardware problems in the industry and academia to develop practical solutions.
Highly qualified, dynamic and experienced faculties
Phd Qualified : 05
Phd Pursuing : 02
ME/MTech Qualified : 07
To be a global leader in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering keeping in pace with the rapidly changing technological needs of the industry and research.
- To impart knowledge to qualified students as proficient technical personnel, dynamic entrepreneur with high quality engineering.
- To have proclivity towards research, innovation and specific skill.
- To nurture students with value based education to meet social.
PEOs (Program Educational Outcome)
- PEO 1 Electronics & Communication engineers should be able to apply basic, contemporary science and engineering to identify software / hardware problems and develop practical solutions to them.
- PEO 2: The graduates of Electronics & Communication Engineering Program should be able to establish themselves as learned professionals and carry on a life-long career in related areas.
- PEO 3: Our graduates should have high degree of morals and values while executing multidisciplinary engineering projects and they also consider economic, environmental and social issues while executing such projects.
PSOs (Program Specific Outcome)
- PSO: 1. At the end of the program, the student should be able to understand and develop applications in the field of Electronics and Communication Systems, Networking and Signal Processing.
- PSO: 2. At the end of the program, the student should be able to be proficient in programming for real time applications using VLSI and Embedded systems.
- PSO: 3. At the end of the program, the student should dynamically adapt to the technical advancements and develop new products, technologies, services in Electronics and Communication Engineering.
Infrastructure Electronics & Communication Engineering Department
In order to cope with the global requirements the institute provides the latest facilities to the students such as MM Class Rooms (Higher Semester) and MM Theaters for conferencing. The building has well equipped laboratories to conduct experimental works. All the lecture halls are well ventilated and to be provided with latest teaching aids.
EC DEPARTMENT LAB HIGHLIGHTS
- Analog laboratory comprising amplifier characteristic trainer kits, operational amplifier trainers, Audio / Video Engineering trainer kits.
- Communication laboratory has GPS and Radar Trainer kits; Advanced Fiber Optic Trainer kits, Mobile Evaluation kit for GSM and CDMA techniques, “Microwave Test Bench with Gun Supply” and “Satellite Communication Trainer” model.
- Antenna and wave propogation laboratory containing Antenna Trainer with Motorized rotating unit and Plotting Software with convenient carrying case for all Accessories with 22 Antennas and software High Frequency Structural Simulator (HFSS) for 25 users.
- Software laboratory installed with “Multisim”, “Ultiboard”, Matlab for 25 users.
- Microcontroller laboratory having Microcontroller 8051 kits, ARM controller kits and VLSI Trainer kits.