About Mechanical Department
Babaria Institute of Technology, at BITS Edu Campus was established in 2004 and Department of Mechanical Engineering is a part of the Institute. Mechanical engineering is an engineering discipline that involves application of principles of analysis, design, manufacturing and maintenance. It is one of the oldest and most essential branches of engineering. Students are trained in areas of production, industrial engineering, refrigeration and air-conditioning etc. CAD/CAM courses assist students in designing components with greatest possible efficiency. The comprehensive course curriculum and intensive practical training enables students to take on challenges of broad ranging roles in various departments across wide spectrum of industries. The department came into existence in 2004 and now has an intake of 180 students. The department has well equipped laboratories and experienced and dedicated faculty who cater to the all-round development of students.
Department started developing strong links with industries and academic institutions like NITs and IITs. Apart from high quality teaching at U G level and P.G level, department is actively involved in Basic and Applied Research. The Department of Mechanical Engineering offers B.E. and M.E (Advanced Manufacturing Technology).
The following are the important subdivision under which various subjects are offered in the department:
- Machine Design
- Fluid power Engineering
- Thermal Engineering
- Power plant Engineering
- Production Engineering
Department arranges various industrial visits and invites expert talks as a part of interaction with industry and also organizes Seminars / Symposia for professional interaction. The Department contributes to the interdisciplinary academic and research activity of the institute.
Why Mechanical Engineering @Babaria Institute of Technology ?
- First self-finance Engineering College in Vadodara Region which is “Internationally accredited with A+++ rating by IAO,USA”
- Received “The Best Engineering College of Gujarat Award” – 2012, “National Education Excellence Award” – 2015 and “Campus Preparedness Award” – 2015
- Well equipped laboratories in all fields of Mechanical Engineering including I.C. Engines and Automobiles, Dynamics and Kinematics of Machines, Fluid Mechanics and Fluid Power Engineering, Heat and Mass Transfer, Refrigeration & Air-conditioning, CAD – CAM and Workshop
- Excellent academic performance and better placements
- Highly qualified, dedicated and experienced faculties for overall development of students
Phd Qualified : 02 (Principal , Director of academics)
Phd Pursuing : 06
ME/MTech Qualified : 28
Department of Mechanical Engineering perceives to be a leading department disseminating quality and globally acceptable education based on innovation and academic excellence.
Department of Mechanical Engineering strives to disseminate technical knowledge to its students to meet intellectual and career challenges for sustainable growth of humanity.
Infrastructure Mechanical Department
In order to cope with the global requirements the institute provides the latest facilities to the students such as MM Class Rooms (Higher Semester), Networking of Class Rooms with electronic database and MM Theaters for conferencing. The building has well equipped laboratories to conduct experimental works. All the lecture halls are well ventilated and to be provided with latest teaching aids like multimedia-overhead projectors along with the black boards.
- State-of-the-art modern workshop with smithy, foundry, carpentry, fitting and tool shop
- I.C. Engines and Automobile laboratory with cut sections of engine models and various automobile components and systems
- CAD laboratory with latest design and modelling software like Creo 3.0 and AutoCAD 2015
- CAM laboratory with CNC turning centre and EDM
- Fluid Mechanics and Fluid Power Engineering laboratory with pumps, compressors and turbines
- Kinematics and dynamics of machines laboratory with various mechanisms, vibration measuring instruments, rotating and reciprocating unbalanced masses, governors and gyroscopes
Please visit http://gtu.ac.in/syllabus/be_schemesyllabus.htm