About Mechanical Engineering Department
Babaria Institute of Technology, at BITS Edu Campus was established in 2004 and Department of Mechanical Engineering is a part of the Institute. Mechanical engineering is an engineering discipline that involves application of principles of analysis, design, manufacturing and maintenance. It is one of the oldest and most essential branches of engineering. Students are trained in the areas of production, industrial engineering, refrigeration and air-conditioning etc. CAD/CAM courses assist students in designing components with greatest possible efficiency. The comprehensive course curriculum and intensive practical training enables students to take on challenges of broad ranging roles in various departments across wide spectrum of industries. The department came into existence in 2004 and now has an intake of 180 students. The department has well equipped laboratories and experienced and dedicated faculties who cater to the all-round development of students.
Department started developing strong links with industries and academic institutions like NITs and IITs. Apart from high quality teaching at U G level and P.G level, department is actively involved in Basic and Applied Research. The Department of Mechanical Engineering offers B.E. and M.E (Advanced Manufacturing Technology).
The following are the important subdivision under which various subjects are offered in the department:
- Machine Design
- Fluid power Engineering
- Thermal Engineering
- Power plant Engineering
- Production Engineering
Department arranges various industrial visits and invites expert speakers as a part of interaction with industry and also organizes Seminars / Symposia, workshops etc for professional interaction. The Department contributes to the interdisciplinary academic and research activity of the institute.
Why Mechanical Engineering @Babaria Institute of Technology ?
- First self-finance Engineering College in Vadodara Region which is “Internationally accredited with A+++ rating by IAO,USA”
- Received “The Best Engineering College of Gujarat Award” – 2012, “National Education Excellence Award” – 2015 and “Campus Preparedness Award” – 2015
- Received the award for “Best Engineering College in Gujarat 2018”, “Best Engineering College in Gujarat 2018 for Industry Interface 2018”, “Best Engineering College in Gujarat for Placement 2018”by CEGR
- Well equipped laboratories in all fields of Mechanical Engineering including I.C. Engines and Automobiles, Dynamics and Kinematics of Machines, Fluid Mechanics and Fluid Power Engineering, Heat and Mass Transfer, Refrigeration & Air-conditioning, CAD – CAM and Workshop
- Excellent academic performance and better placements
- Highly qualified, dedicated and experienced faculties for overall development of students
Phd Qualified : 02
- Phd Pursuing : 04
ME/MTech Qualified : 22
To be renowned nationally and internationally in imparting Mechanical Engineering knowledge to produce innovative, entrepreneurial and motivated engineers for fulfilment of today’s industrial demands, social needs and research.
- To provide a platform to the students towards attaining quality education through state-of-art infrastructure and well qualified faculties
- To develop the students for facing intellectual and ethical career challenges and inclination towards research and development
- To enhance academic and research aptitude of students through association with globally renowned institutes
PEO (Program Educational Outcome)
- PEO: 1- To provide sound technical knowledge and training in the field of Mechanical Engineering to make them formulate, analyse and solve intricate problems related to global challenges.
- PEO: 2- To train students on modern tools and technologies to contribute towards innovative and research based engineering solutions.
- PEO: 3- To prepare graduates with managerial skills and leadership qualities to pursue successful professional career and societal responsibility.
PSO (Program Specific Outcome)
- PSO: 1- Graduates of the program will be able to implement their technical knowledge and skills to solve problems related to design, production and thermal science in various types of engineering industries.
- PSO: 2-Graduates of the program will be able to apply modern tools/techniques in solving real world challenges faced by industries and society at large.
- PSO: 3-Graduates of the program will be able to demonstrate their leadership, managerial and ethical qualities in decision making for upliftment of society.